Instructions for Speakers
Speakers Service Center
The facilities in the Speakers Service Centre of the 11th Congress of The European Pain Federation EFIC will provide the possibility to:
- review your PowerPoint presentation
- make last-minute alterations to your PowerPoint presentation
- receive support from technical staff
- upload your PowerPoint presentation to your assigned session room
To enable the staff to handle the technical aspects in an efficient way, all presentations should be prepared according to the guidelines below. It is essential that:
- the correct format is used
- the presentation be uploaded in the Speaker Preview Room at least two hours prior to your session (we recommend that you deliver your presentation the day before the session, if possible).
The Speaker Preview Room is located on the 2nd level of the Congress Venue.
ALL SPEAKERS ARE REQUESTED TO INCLUDE A SLIDE DISCLOSING CONFLICTS OF INTEREST AT THE BEGINNING OF THEIR PRESENTATION
You can find a disclosure slide template here.
Speakers Service Centre Opening Hours:
Tuesday, 3 September 14:00-19:00
Wednesday, 4 September 07:30-18:00
Thursday, 5 September 07:30-18:00
Friday, 6 September 07:30-18:00
Saturday, 7 September 07:30-15:00
Each session room is equipped with:
– Video projector
– Lectern with microphone
– Laser pointer
– Laptop with operating system Windows 10 (English)
– Remote control for PowerPoint
The overview of the scientific programme can be found here.
Filming and Taking Pictures
Filming and taking pictures is forbidden during all sessions. Delegates will be reminded during each session, and this policy will be strictly enforced.
Please use Microsoft PowerPoint 2016 (*.ppt or .pptx) to guarantee your presentation will open successfully on an on-site PC. OpenOffice/LibreOffice Impress, PREZI or Adobe PDF presentations would be accepted as well.
If you use MS PowerPoint, we recommend that you save your PowerPoint presentation using .ppt- or .pptx-format and not .pps or .ppsx.
Presentations could either have a 4:3 ratio or a 16:9 ratio. Both formats will be supported.
Please use high contrast lettering, fonts with a minimum size of 16pt, and high contrast layouts, for example light text on a dark background.
– JPG images are the preferred file format for inserted images.
– GIF, TIF or BMP formats will be accepted as well.
Images inserted into PowerPoint are embedded into the presentations. A picture resolution between 72 and 200 dpi is sufficient. Bigger files would only increase the file size of your presentation. The maximum file size of images should not exceed 250KBytes.
Movies / Videos
Because of the wide variety of video formats available, support cannot be provided for embedded videos in your presentation; please test your presentation on the on-site PC several hours before your presentation. Generally, the MPEG-4 and WMV format should work with no difficulties.
Movies or videos that require additional reading or projection equipment will not be accepted.
Only fonts which are included in the basic installation of MS-Windows 10 will be available (English version of Windows). Use of other fonts not included in Windows can cause the wrong formatting of your presentation.
Suggested fonts: Arial, Tahoma, Calibri
If you must use different fonts, these must be embedded into your presentation.
Transfer of your Presentation
Please submit your presentation to the Speaker Service Centre using a USB memory stick.
– Save all files associated with your presentation (PowerPoint file, movie/video files etc.) to one folder/location.
The conference staff will transfer your presentation from the Speaker Service Centre to the corresponding session room. You will find your presentation on the laptop (on the lectern) in your session room.
In the event that you have more than one presentation during the conference, kindly save the different presentations in different folders and name them clearly to avoid any on-site misunderstandings and problems.
Always make a backup copy of your presentation(s) and all associated files and save them on a separate portable medium.
– You can control/move slides during your presentation by remote control PowerPoint – please check this in the Speaker Preview Room in advance.
– Kindly be at the session room 10 minutes before the session starts to meet the moderators of your session and familiarize yourself with the technical and other equipment.
Using your own laptop for your presentation is NOT possible.
All speakers are requested to adhere to the time allotted for their presentations.
Once more, we would like to thank you for your contribution to a successful congress in Valencia.
Should you need further information, please do not hesitate to contact the congress secretariat at email@example.com