Submit a proposal
Following the success of Pain in Europe X, we would like to invite you to submit a scientific workshop
proposal for the forthcoming Pain in Europe XI Congress, which will take place in Valencia, Spain, from 4
to 7 September 2019.
Workshops provide an ideal forum for a linked series of reviews or data presentation with ample time for
discussion. We would be grateful to receive your suggestion for a coherent session that considers
relevance, general interest, quality of speakers, and balance of gender and nationality. Please note that
workshops typically run for 90 minutes in parallel sessions.
Submission Deadline: Monday, 18 June 2018 at 23:59 CET
Regular workshops will be grouped by topic categories. Please click here to view the topics under which proposals should be submitted.
Please note each presentation should last 25 minutes to allow appropriate time for discussion.
- Session is chaired and introduced by one of the three presenters
- Three speakers present their topic (3×25 minutes)
- Discussion is chaired by one of the presenters
YOUNG INVESTIGATORS WORKSHOPS
In line with our ambition to ‘Bring the Future to the Present’, we are welcoming special workshops
proposals that enable young researchers to present their cutting-edge work on stage.
Proposals about translational research highlighting the bridge between basic research and clinical relevance are highly encouraged. The chairman of the session must be a senior researcher and it is preferred that the young researchers come from different institutions.
- Extensive introduction of the state-of-art topic by the senior researcher (15 minutes)
- Three young researchers present their ground-breaking research (3×15 minutes)
- Discussion led by the chair (15 minutes)
- Chair’s summary and future directions of research (15 minutes)
- PhD or MD students, science postdocs or junior clinicians who are aged 35 or younger at the opening of the Congress.
- Proof of age and status will be requested if the proposal is accepted. Failure to provide proofs at that point is likely to result in the exclusion of the workshop from the programme.
Although the Scientific Programme Committee will take all proposals into consideration, it may decide to suggest modifications to individual proposals and may include unsolicited workshops in the final workshop programme.
Proposal submitters will be notified regarding status of their proposal by September 2018.
- The number of faculty members is limited to three (3) only. Special sessions with young investigators may be limited to up to four (4) faculty members.
- The proposer will chair and coordinate the session.
- The proposer is expected to be one of the speakers.
- The proposer of a workshop must ensure that their suggested speakers have been made aware of the workshop proposal and that they agree to the workshop suggestion before the proposal is submitted. If this is not the case, the proposal may be rejected during the review process. All suggested speakers will be emailed to confirm they have let their names go forward and understand the levels of support available.
- Proposals must be submitted via this website only.
- Proposals must be received by the announced deadline. Proposals received after the deadline will not be considered.
Proposals should include the following information:
- Session title up to 25 words
- Presentation titles
- Speakers name and contact information (affiliation and email)
- Workshop description up to 250 words
Regular Workshop Faculty Members
Financial support can only be given to three (3) faculty members and cannot be increased to cover additional participants in the workshop.
- Euro 900 towards travel will be divided amongst all participants in a workshop.
- Six (6) nights’ hotel accommodation will be divided amongst all participants in a workshop.
- Three (3) complementary registrations will be given to the workshop participants
Young Investigators Workshop Faculty Members
Financial support can only be given to four (4) faculty members and cannot be increased to cover additional participants in the workshop.
- Euro 1200 towards travel will be divided amongst all participants in a workshop.
- Eight (8) nights’ hotel accommodation will be divided amongst all participants in a workshop.
- Four (4) complementary registrations will be given to the workshop participants.